the Last of the Dashkin the Last of the Dashkin

Narration was such a bad idea...

The score is mainly for the animation as per usual it was excellent.

I Personally believe you made a HUGE mistake adding naration, it was poor story telling and often the atmospheric/background music was way to loud and overpowered the narration. Her voice wasn't really that soothing and the script she was given seems to have been hugely rushed.

"Deep down, he harboured loneliness" etc, really didn't need to be told. You could of easily shown this through facial expressions and camera movement, i mean if there was no narration at all at that one part it would of worked alot better. (Personally)

Overall, i'm not a huge fan of this in comparison to your other work as i can tell this was a rushed job (4 weeks) and i'm pretty sure if you had longer, it would of came out alot better.

Think more about the sound next time, as sound is often more important than the animation itself (Don't mean to sound patronising as i couldn't animate as well as you, but i think you know yourself the story was hugely rushed and the narration was a huge slip up).

chluaid responds:

Everything would look better with more time spent on it, and yes I admit I'd like to have dedicated some extra weeks to tweaking. That happens on every project though, but at the end of the day, I'm happy with this one and ready to move onto the next. Lessons learned, new plans drawn up, etc ;)

Narwhals Narwhals

The horn was abit bigger? (Much bigger)

Nice to know people actualy WATCH the documentaries the BBC flood out. Was an intresting watch i'll admit that much.

Bowja From His Cashle Bowja From His Cashle

Voice.

Perfect as a sound clip, the animation just gives it visuals.

I came back and watched it again parlty cause i was bored partly cause of the voice :D

Fancy Pants Adventures Fancy Pants Adventures

Iactualy agree with tom,

Well what can i say, i agree with tom when he says that this is the best action platformer i've ever played.

Is it Ok that it reminded me of earthworm jim on the genesis, i hope you take that as a compliment cause i loved that game. Basicly just keep up the good work :P.

MMW [demo] MMW [demo]

omg

Mario sucks dude link is the tru Ninty Mascot i wish mario wasnt fuckin invented he sucks. 1/5

Mono1337 responds:

what a great review-.-

Defend Your Computer Defend Your Computer

Pretty good

But it lacks in originalaty after the first 3 levels Yeah the scenery changes but no Bosses which i would of like to see.

TaoHua(theFlower of peachtree) TaoHua(theFlower of peachtree)

Nice realy nice

This is awsome ive always liked the originalaty of Chinese/Japanese Oriental style Music. I also like the way it is slow and keeps one Solom Mood all the way thru good job.

daiwoguo responds:

Peach flower in Chinese also means a playful lady, so now you'll under stand why my song is so.....