the Last of the Dashkin the Last of the Dashkin

Narration was such a bad idea...

The score is mainly for the animation as per usual it was excellent.

I Personally believe you made a HUGE mistake adding naration, it was poor story telling and often the atmospheric/background music was way to loud and overpowered the narration. Her voice wasn't really that soothing and the script she was given seems to have been hugely rushed.

"Deep down, he harboured loneliness" etc, really didn't need to be told. You could of easily shown this through facial expressions and camera movement, i mean if there was no narration at all at that one part it would of worked alot better. (Personally)

Overall, i'm not a huge fan of this in comparison to your other work as i can tell this was a rushed job (4 weeks) and i'm pretty sure if you had longer, it would of came out alot better.

Think more about the sound next time, as sound is often more important than the animation itself (Don't mean to sound patronising as i couldn't animate as well as you, but i think you know yourself the story was hugely rushed and the narration was a huge slip up).

chluaid responds:

Everything would look better with more time spent on it, and yes I admit I'd like to have dedicated some extra weeks to tweaking. That happens on every project though, but at the end of the day, I'm happy with this one and ready to move onto the next. Lessons learned, new plans drawn up, etc ;)

Narwhals Narwhals

The horn was abit bigger? (Much bigger)

Nice to know people actualy WATCH the documentaries the BBC flood out. Was an intresting watch i'll admit that much.

Bowja From His Cashle Bowja From His Cashle

Voice.

Perfect as a sound clip, the animation just gives it visuals.

I came back and watched it again parlty cause i was bored partly cause of the voice :D

DBZ is Gay ! - Mutoniatus DBZ is Gay ! - Mutoniatus

Sound.

Possibly the funniest voices i've ever heard. Loved the robot voice and had me laughing pretty fucking hard.

You know the animation wasn't great but that's what you were going for so props are given :P you get a 3 for being pretty decent.

Good luck =]

I.E.S. ep.1 I.E.S. ep.1

Inspiration?

It's funny that you wrote a letter to tom about ng being inspiring cause this in fact was one of the most inspiring peices of flash i've seen in a long time. It had all the characteristics that makes an animation great.

Excellent humour
Excellent animation
Excellent sound quality and also a sense of belonging. I'm sure alot of people who watch this will be able to, in some deep personal way, connect with this. Be it moving away, making new friends, trying to get a girl conversations they've had. Everything was well formulated and executed perfectly.

Huge props to you and you've got a huge fucking talent so i hope to see more :D.

Metal Gear Funnies Metal Gear Funnies

I see what you did here.

Like most people below there was alot of lame jokes linked in with shitty animation..but i'm guessing that what you were going for AMIRITE? I find it amazing how trying to be out there and racey just to get a rise from people is what makes you tick.

That said there was a few nuggets of gold in there "Style" wise all the animation was horrible apart from the last clip, but once again you were going for that AMIRITE?

It's just a shame that this pushed somthing else off the front page of newgrounds it's a prestigous award and someone missed out of it because of the oh so frequent amount of irony on newgrounds.

Good job on some parts and good job on achieving what you set out to do.

Best present ever Best present ever

Purely amazing.

Like many people have said the animation quality along with the music sync was immense. Correct me if im wrong but there was a little cow and chicken/Tom and jerry influence in there right? :P (The legs of the parents) a clever way around skipping character design.

I'd love to see more and i'm sure you'll get the highest mark possible (Guessing your pre-work is just as good...right?)

Either way very nice job and an amazing submission.

Awesome Gaiden Awesome Gaiden

Man of a thousand voices??

I really have to applaud you on your voice acting here. I personaly think if it was anyone else it wouldn't have the amazing impact that you seem to put across.

"Hey theres a ninja over there with big boobs" The reply of "Awesome?" Was EXTREMELY well done cause it captured alot of emotions in 1 short word. Confused>Scared>Conformity(Him trying to make the ninja happy by accepting and following what response he "Thinks" is wanted and ofc it actualy being awsome that there's a ninja with big boobs. Your incredibly talented in voicing and your a credit to yourself.

I personaly think you could easily make voice clips telling stories and they'd be just as amazing as your flash animations. Keep em' coming Ego.

Awesomeraptor Awesomeraptor

I got deadlines?

Hah, you sir are talented.

I guess what made it was the repeated joke "I got deadlines" and final "Metal gear cumshot", both were funny and i applaud you for that.

Good job :)

The Fox The Fox

I have to be honest

Yeah the character design was decent and the animation was pretty smooth, but seriously the sounds effects PISSED ME OFF. I'm trying to listen to the song then i'm spammed with sounds of a duck squawking and bad warner bro's sound effects that seem hugely out of place.

Maybe if you'd scrap the SE's it may improve the overall flash but i can't tell you how annoyed the none needed sounds effects made me.

Good job never the less >: [